Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gender and Restrooms in School
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBiter
Cail is missed!!!

Ranyhyn

21039 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Forbidding1 Giant Ship1 Giant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot relate to someone who has Gender dysphoria. I wont try to act like I can. But I also don't see changing societal norms to conform to what amounts to .05% of society.

I watched Rand Paul asking questions to Rachel Levine yesterday.

Quote:
Im alarmed that youre not saying they should be prevented from making decisions to amputate their breasts or genitalia, Paul said. We have always said that minors do not have full rights.

Rachel Levine refused to answer any of his questions.

**"You can deny if you will but the "hens" didn't just happen to show up when they did, by accident. "***

** Note to add that ALL of the hens have since disappeared***

"All of the above is my opinion and thus shouldnt need to be supported by anything other than more of my opinions. twocents "

We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

14131 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Foul Duck1 Lord Mhoram's Victory1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that was very interesting. If you think it's ok, say you think it's ok.

All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
sgt.null
jack of odd trades; master of fun

MaleRanyhyn

9035 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 2007 Watchies1 2005 Watchies1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silence implies consent. So we must infer that Biden and Harris are pro genital mutilation of minors. And since the are the leaders of the Democrat party are we to assume Democrats approve as well?

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

14131 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Foul Duck1 Lord Mhoram's Victory1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Referring to it as "mutilation" is a mistake. It has backfired. Those who have chosen to have the surgery do not consider themselves to have been mutilated. Things that are considered mutilation under some circumstances are not under other circumstances. The question of whether or not a minor should be allowed to choose this kind of surgery, even against their parents' wishes, or have it at all, is pushed into the background. It is a tactic that will continue to fail.

And it isn't necessary. The argument that we do not let minors make decisions on, and do not allow doctors to ignore parents' opposition to, issues far less final and life-altering does not need to be amped up in this way.

All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
sgt.null

MaleRanyhyn

9035 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If done to a child it is mutilation. A child can not give consent.

The left seems to wallow in infanticide, genital mutilation and ignoring the mental health needs of distressed dysmorphia victims.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

37633 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a tricky one in terms of age and informed consent. Some people have reported very promising results from things like hormone blockers that prevent or inhibit the onset of puberty for example.

The problem is that, in "genuine" or "committed" cases (for want of a better word), early intervention can significantly reduce trauma / dysphoria / etc.

Now, not all intervention has to be permanent, (puberty inhibiters for example), but there are almost inevitably consequences for getting it wrong.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised the die-hard libertarians aren't saying "You want surgery to reassign your gender? Fine. Just don't come crying about it if you change your mind later.

Actually, I think that's pretty much my position. Make clear the significant, permanent or long-lasting consequences, then let people choose for themselves.

If you make the wrong choice, well, you gotta live with the consequences.

--A

Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

95496 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are 17 or younger and you have become conviced that you are the incorrect gender, then tough shit--you will simply have to wait it out until you are 18. Once you turn 18, you are legally an adult and you may consent to whatever medical procedures you think will give you the peace of mind you seek. Changing your gender will not necessarily give you peace of mind, but that is your choice to make. Oh....and you need to be able to pay for it yourself--no shelling out Federal tax dollars to help fund your procedures. If you can't afford it, then you need to get a job and earn the resources to afford it.

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
Immanentizing The Eschaton

37633 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I largely agree really, but I'm also cognisant of the fact that earlier action (not necessarily surgical) can be extremely beneficial in "genuine" cases.

--A

sgt.null

MaleRanyhyn

9035 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We taxpayers are on the hoof for prisoners getting surgery
Thanks Democrats.

Hashi Lebwohl

Male

95496 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can a 12-year-old child buy a gun? No, they are restricted from doing so by law because they are not responsible enough for that.

Can a 12-year-old child drive a car? No, they are not allowed to do so by law, partially because they are not responsible enough for that.

Can a 12-year-old buy whiskey? No, they are not allowed to do so by law because they are not responsible enough for that.

Can a 12-year-old work with a doctor to have hormone replacement therapy without invovling the parents? Apparently the answer is yes, because somehow they are responsible enough to make that sort of lifelong decision for themselves.

How does that make sense?

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Male

14238 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of Linden's Army

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+JMJ+

Doctors seek permanent relief from mandate to do transgender surgeries

Quote:

A person in New York City holds up a transgender flag Oct. 24, 2018. Attorneys for a Catholic health care system and an association of other Christian health care workers argued before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit March 3, 2021, for protecting doctors from being forced to perform gender-transition procedures against their moral or religious beliefs. (Credit: Brendan McDermid/Reuters via CNS)

NEW ORLEANS — Attorneys for doctors and hospitals argued in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit March 3 that they shouldn’t be forced to perform gender-transition surgeries required under the Affordable Care Act, stressing this is an issue of conscience.

The case focuses on a 2016 regulation issued by the Department of Health and Human Services requiring doctors to perform these procedures in children and adults or be held liable for discrimination.

After the rule was first issued, Becket, a religious liberty law firm, filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court in Texas, saying the rule violated the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Franciscan Alliance, a religious hospital network serving Indiana and Illinois that now goes by the name Franciscan Health, and the Christian Medical and Dental Associations. The states of Texas, Kansas, Kentucky, Nebraska and Wisconsin also joined in the suit.

Two federal courts in 2016 placed an injunction on the mandate. Two other federal district court judges also ruled against the mandate in 2019 and 2020. However, the courts didn’t issue a permanent injunction against HHS to prevent it from enforcing this rule in the future, which the group of doctors and hospitals were seeking March 3 before the 5th Circuit, which is based in New Orleans.

“Medical decisions related to gender transition have serious implications, and it is clearly in patients’ best interests to ensure that doctors are able to serve in keeping with their consciences and their medical judgment,” said Luke Goodrich, a senior counsel at Becket.

“Government bureaucrats in Washington who want to force doctors to perform controversial, experimental procedures are putting children in harm’s way,” he said in a statement.

He also said the rule “undermines the federal government’s own medical experts’ advice” and that “politicians and activists are trying to force private doctors, on pain of severe punishment, to perform controversial procedures that can be deeply harmful to patients.”

In a tweet March 3, Goodrich said the court “asked the government’s attorney point blank: Does the new administration have plans to go after these religious doctors and hospitals? And the government wouldn’t answer,” which he said, “underscores why plaintiffs need full protection.”

[…]

sgt.null

MaleRanyhyn

9035 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberalism is a disease.

Wosbald

Male

14238 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+JMJ+

Vatican rules out Church blessings for same-sex unions

Quote:

In a file photo, an LGBT choir sings outside the Pastoral Congress at the World Meeting of Families in Dublin Aug. 23. (Credit: Clodagh Kilcoyne/Reuters via CNS)

ROME — Responding to efforts in some parts of the Catholic world to devise “blessings” of same-sex unions by the Church, the Vatican’s doctrinal watchdog released a statement Monday saying that such blessings are “not legitimate,” as homosexual unions are “not ordered to the Creator’s plan.”

“In some ecclesial contexts, plans and proposals for blessings of unions of persons of the same sex are being advanced,” says the document from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. “Such projects are not infrequently motivated by a sincere desire to welcome and accompany homosexual persons, to whom are proposed paths of growth in faith, ‘so that those who manifest a homosexual orientation can receive the assistance they need to understand and fully carry out God’s will in their lives’.”

The document, signed by Spanish Jesuit Cardinal Luis Ladaria and approved by Pope Francis, was released Monday, together with an explanatory note that clarifies that the statement comes as a response to a question, also known as a dubium, submitted by pastors and faithful requesting clarification and guidance concerning an issue that might pose controversy.

The note adds that the purpose of the CDF’s answer is to “is to help the universal Church to respond better to the demands of the Gospel, to settle disputes, and to foster healthy communion among the holy people of God.”

The statement doesn’t specify who posed the dubium, though in recent years there’s been pressure for some sort of same-sex blessing ceremony in some corners. German bishops, for example, have urged a debate on the blessing of gay couples.

The response argues that blessings are “sacramentals,” whereby the Church “calls us to praise God, encourages us to implore his protection, and exhorts us to seek his mercy by our holiness of life.”

When a blessing is invoked on human relationships, it says, in addition to the “right intention” of those who participate, it’s necessary that what is blessed can be “objectively and positively ordered to receive and express grace, according to the designs of God inscribed in creation, and fully revealed by Christ the Lord.”

Hence it’s not “licit” to bless relationships and partnerships that, though they might be stable, involve sexual activity outside of marriage, meaning, “the indissoluble union of a man and a woman open in itself to the transmission of life, as is the case of the unions between persons of the same sex.”

Even when there might be positive elements present in these relationships, “which are in themselves to be valued and appreciated,” they do not justify these relationships and nor render them legitimate objects of an ecclesial blessing.

If such blessings do occur, the CDF document argues, they cannot be considered “licit,” because, as Pope Francis wrote in his 2015 post-synodal exhortation on the family, Amoris Laetitia, there are “absolutely no grounds for considering homosexual unions to be in any way similar or even remotely analogous to God’s plan for marriage and family.”

The response also notes that the Catechism of the Catholic Church states: “According to the teaching of the Church, men and women with homosexual tendencies ‘must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided’.”

The note also says that the fact that these blessings are considered unlawful by the Church does not intended to be a form of unjust discrimination, but a reminder of the very nature of the sacramentals.

[…]

The fact that gay unions cannot be blessed, according to the CDF, does not mean that gay individuals who express the will to live in fidelity to the revealed plans of God cannot be blessed. The document also says that even though God never ceases to “bless each of his pilgrim children,” he does not bless sin: “he blesses sinful man, so that he may recognize that he is part of his plan of love and allow himself to be changed by him.”

Wosbald

Male

14238 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+JMJ+

On the Question of Blessing Gay Unions [In-Depth, Opinion]

Quote:

C.S. Lewis had a wise policy. He always resented officers who stooped down to instruct enlisted men on struggles they themselves never experienced. Consequently, he resolved never to do the same. That’s why he never talked about homosexuality or gambling, because neither held the slightest attraction to him. Somebody once replied, “So then, all those moral struggles you talk about in The Screwtape Letters and other books ….?”

Yes. It was true. All of them. As he put it, “My heart (I need no other) sheweth me the wickedness of the ungodly.”

I mention this by way of preface, because it is not my intention to offer free advice to LGBTQ people in what follows, but simply to try to analyze what is going on the current contretemps from the perspective of somebody who believes and tries to practice the Catholic faith.

“Ah! But you admit that you think homosexuality is a sin!”

If by that you mean I think homogenital sexual acts are sinful, then yes. How many times do I have to say that I believe the Church’s teaching before people believe me?

But that is light years from saying, “Gays are more sinful than I am” or “It is a sin to be attracted to the same sex” or “Gays need to repent extra super more than the rest of us” or “Gays should get out of the Church” or “God hates gays for loving who they love” or “Gays can never please God” (a particularly beloved lie among the Fortress Katolicus crowd, who seem to exult at the thought of driving people away from Jesus).

As I already said and reiterate here, I have become convinced that the core failure of Catholic witness to LGBTQ people is that we nearly always begin, not with the fact that they are made in the image and likeness of God and ones for whom Christ died, but with the conviction that they are enemies, saboteurs, and irredeemably broken problems who must constantly be told they are broken, not loved; rejected, not cherished. Who, hearing such a message dinned into their ears day in and day out would not flee such an anti-community? To me, the truest sign of miraculous grace in the world is the persistent faith of gay Catholics in the face of such unremitting hostility from their brethren. I cannot account for it apart from the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit.

That said, I think it worthwhile to take a look at the brief statement of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and break down what is going on in it. Many are deeply scandalized by it, in no small part because Pope Francis raised hopes that the Church was taking a different approach to its gay members when he offered that he believed that gay couples deserved civil protections, including legal rights and health care benefits. Some would argue that this is something different than endorsing civil unions, but I cannot for the life of me see how. It was to be expected that many would assume the Francis was therefore just about to wave the magic papal wand and suddenly authorize some sort of blessing for gay unions. Not marriage, exactly. But something marriageish.

I was never among that crowd, simply because I know something of how doctrine develops in the Church and what can and cannot be done. That is not (as we shall see) because I believe there is no way for the Church to acknowledge anything good whatsoever in gay relationships, but because I am aware of how slow and painstaking the Ents of Rome are when mulling over a question, particularly a question that pertains to the seven sacraments. These are, remember, people who literally took forty years of hooming and homming to conclude that the Beatles were a pretty good band. When you look up “Rapid Response Squad” in the phone book, you are never going to find the Magisterium of the Catholic Church in the Yellow Pages. Rather, what they tend to do is take forever to think things over and when they come to a conclusion, make shocking developments that seem counter-intuitive to Reactionaries, flabbergast the world, seem like novelties, and in fact be in accord with the Tradition. That is what Acts 15, Nicaea and Vatican II (to name just three councils) all have in common. It takes more than a mere pope to absorb the stunning changes to the conception of the family that technology, economics, and rapidly evolving mores have flung at the Church’s Tradition in the past 50 years. There is not going to be a sudden stroke of a pen resolving the tension between the Church’s teaching on the sacrament of Marriage and the wide menu of family arrangements (of which gay marriage is but one expression) currently available in our culture. Expecting there would be was naive.

The reason is, from a doctrinal perspective, simple. There is only one form of sexual expression compatible with the Tradition and there always has been: one man and one woman in indissoluble sacramental union. That is the sacrament of Marriage. It excludes not merely gay unions, but all heterosexual unions that do not fit that description, including adultery, polygamy and polyamory, fornication, prostitution, etc. Other filters apply as well, including such things as incest, age of consent, and so forth. But the point is simply that one of the core functions of the Church is to guard the sacraments, and Marriage is a sacrament. She can no more tailor the sacraments to the personal tastes of the flock than she can decree that since lots of people like cookies and milk better than they like bread and wine, the Eucharist can be celebrated using those elements instead.

Once you get this, the CDF’s response to the question of blessing gay unions, though a painful blow to gay Catholics, is not all that hard to understand. Nor is it (as we shall see) the end of the conversation, and that should be a hopeful thought, as we will see tomorrow. What I propose today is that we see what the Church does — and does not — say about the question.

[…]

Obi-Wan Nihilo
Ego non semper sapiens

Male

12961 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Can a 12-year-old child buy a gun? No, they are restricted from doing so by law because they are not responsible enough for that.

Can a 12-year-old child drive a car? No, they are not allowed to do so by law, partially because they are not responsible enough for that.

Can a 12-year-old buy whiskey? No, they are not allowed to do so by law because they are not responsible enough for that.

Can a 12-year-old work with a doctor to have hormone replacement therapy without invovling the parents? Apparently the answer is yes, because somehow they are responsible enough to make that sort of lifelong decision for themselves.

How does that make sense?
A 12-year-old child can't get their ears pierced without parental consent.

But chemically destroying their body and physically mutilating it is just fine.
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Hashi Lebwohl

Male

95496 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:

It isn't just Democrats, but all flavors of Liberals who apparently desire to mutilate children.

Wait for it. Once the illogic of "12-year-old may have their genders chemically and/or surgically changed" takes hold more firmly the next step will be "if they can choose their gender then they can choose their sexual partner regardless of age, because 'love is love'".

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
sgt.null

MaleRanyhyn

9035 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hashi - conservatives were laughed at by liberals when pointing out the left's acceptance of pedophilia.

Obi-Wan Nihilo
Ego non semper sapiens

Male

12961 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:

It isn't just Democrats, but all flavors of Liberals who apparently desire to mutilate children.

Wait for it. Once the illogic of "12-year-old may have their genders chemically and/or surgically changed" takes hold more firmly the next step will be "if they can choose their gender then they can choose their sexual partner regardless of age, because 'love is love'".
Sadly, it's hard to argue that that's not the path we're on.

I mean, seriously....
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
sgt.null

MaleRanyhyn

9035 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe women should ask about the war democrats are waging against them?

Obi-Wan Nihilo
Ego non semper sapiens

Male

12961 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Democrats hate everyone, including theirselves. They have to be at war all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: