Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Up to Chapter 6 (no spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant -> Fatal Revenant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
native
ur-vile

316 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Up to Chapter 6 (no spoilers) Reply with quote

Finally found time to read a good chunk of FR. All I will say is that I'm finding it quite extraordinarily clever writing and very very hard to put down.

Can't hardly wait for bedtime tonight.
burgs
Enthusiastic oenophile

54 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear that. I wasn't impressed with the first bit he posted - the first half of Chapter 1. It was the first time I'd ever been disappointed by anything he's done. Very strange experience.

It did pick up from there, but his prose seemed unfocused - nowhere near as tight as he was in the beginning of ROTE.
native
ur-vile

316 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read the first half the book, and found it thrilling and intriguing, though rather beyond my expectations in place. I definitely won't come to any judgements till I've finished the whole thing and mulled for at least a week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant -> Fatal Revenant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: