Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FBI Foils Right-Wing Militia Plot to Abduct MI Governor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brother ur-Nan
God Bless Uncle Joe

12684 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject: FBI Foils Right-Wing Militia Plot to Abduct MI Governor Reply with quote

The FBI has stopped a plot by pro-Trump right-wing militants to kidnap Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer.

The governor has come under fire from Republicans and President Donald Trump for her strict COVID-19 lockdown measures. This comes months after Donald Trump publicly supported armed protests against Gretchen Whitmer's COVID policies.

It highlights how Trump's rhetoric can lead to real life violence.
Brother ur-Nan
God Bless Uncle Joe

12684 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother ur-Nan
God Bless Uncle Joe

12684 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over on r/Conservative, there is widespread support for this terrorist cell.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

13663 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Foul Duck1 Lord Mhoram's Victory1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read about this a couple hours ago. How extraordinary! Plots to overthrow the state governments! That Chinese curse is upon us. I don't mean COVID, I mean interesting times.

All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Immanentizing The Eschaton

37495 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

"Foils Plot" is pretty different from "Caught In The Act" and the FBI needs to earn their budget too.

On the one hand, sure, they arrested a bunch of people plotting to kidnap the governor.

On the other, I have to wonder (and we will never know now) whether they would ever have attempted to carry out their plot, or if it was one of those things "tough guys" talk about knowing they'll never have to put it on the line.

There will certainly be no way to link what Trump said with their plotting, even if is likely to have appeared supportive to them.

Unless they flat-out say that inspired them of course, unlikely but within the realm of possibility.

And even if they do, Trump will just say that's not what he meant, and it will be true as well, because I'm pretty sure he didn't. Nor does he ever mean anything by anything he says, because I suspect he does not understand the concept of consequences. Very Happy

--A

Brother ur-Nan
God Bless Uncle Joe

12684 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably never have right-wing militias admit that Trump inspired them. They are cognizant enough not to harm the man they idolize from a political standpoint.

However, the things he says does indeed incite violence, and this is just a manifestation of that.

The threat was always implicit when you had armed protests in response to mask wearing orders and lockdowns.

I would say that this was more than some men "talking tough." They actually had a hidden room that they met in (using a concealed trapdoor) and would put their cellphones in a box within a different room because of fears over electronic surveillance. Of course, the informant had a mic that was recording what they were discussing.

It was beyond just talking about doing something. They were actually planning it and had the equipment to carry it out. They were planning a mock trial followed by execution for "treason."
Brother ur-Nan
God Bless Uncle Joe

12684 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, a bunch of his supporters drove through Portland, OR ISIS-style (a convoy of pickup trucks with MAGA flags) and were firing paintballs at onlookers. It was meant to intimidate liberals.

When a reporter asked Trump about it, he just laughed. He thought it was hilarious.

Last edited by Brother ur-Nan on Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Brother ur-Nan
God Bless Uncle Joe

12684 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A Facebook page for Eric Molitor, another Michigan man who faces state charges in the case, features praise for 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse, who’s accused of killing two protesters in Kenosha, Wis. Molitor also posted about conspiracy theories relating to the QAnon movement, posting the QAnon hashtag “Save Our Children” and images about human-trafficking conspiracy theories. Molitor had previously posted images indicating affiliation with “three-percenter” militias, a far-right paramilitary movement.

Defendants Musico and Morrison, both 42-year-olds who lived together, had sparser online profiles, with neither of them liking anything on Facebook besides a Christian broadcasting group. But on YouTube, Musico was more vocal, sharing rambling tirades against taxes, gun control, and the “Deep State”—as well as a rant from 2019 entitled “Gretchen Whitmer Interview” in which he railed against her policies around auto ownership. In the video, he implied that he was going to obtain an in-person interview with Whitmer.

A Pete Musico also has a page on the social media site Gab, popular among white supremacists and the alt-right, on which he promoted the unfounded claim that in South Africa “they are killing white people.” Although many of the posts feature broken images (a hallmark of Gab), one of the user’s favorite accounts was that of Joe Biggs, a Proud Boy organizer who has glorified violence against the left. Biggs and anti-Semitic Infowars personality Owen Shroyer are the only accounts he follows.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-we-know-about-wolverine-watchmen-accused-of-terror-kidnap-plot-against-michigan-gov-gretchen-whitmer

Despite some conservatives trying to play down the ideological connection between these militia members and Trumpism, the quote above speaks for itself.

It is pretty obvious that they were fans of Trump and Trumpism, even if there have been claims otherwise.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Male

30741 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nano, you seem to be turning into the Democrat equivalent of what Wos is for Catholicism.

Ream upon ream of studiedly one-sided copy 'n' pastes? All slinging mud from your chosen trench across no man's land at the "hated others"?

Well, by all means go to it if that's what floats your particular and current boat - but I do wonder what effect you think it might be having? I don't believe there's almost anyone in the US who hasn't already made up their mind.

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

This should not be considered as any condoning of the hypocritical, snowflake, bleeding heart, white guilt-ridden, compulsively virtue-signalling and totalitarian prog Left woke zealotry which some try to force upon this forum.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

13663 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheFallen wrote:
- but I do wonder what effect you think it might be having? I don't believe there's almost anyone in the US who hasn't already made up their mind.
I don't think there's any danger of anyone here changing their mind on any topic for any reason. Laughing

All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Male

30741 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're almost certainly right FnF... but then again, legendarily I once got Cail to change his mind on the morning after pill.

(His opinion changed from "okay" to "not okay", which was not my intention, but still...)

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

This should not be considered as any condoning of the hypocritical, snowflake, bleeding heart, white guilt-ridden, compulsively virtue-signalling and totalitarian prog Left woke zealotry which some try to force upon this forum.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

13663 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is, there was change!

All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

MaleRanyhyn

2711 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 2009 Watchies1 Furls Fire1 Love

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all fairness, Nano's positions have markedly evolved from what he used to espouse. Credit where due.

Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.
~ Rainier Maria Rilke
wayfriend
whilom witling

Male

49166 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
3 Member of Linden's Army

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I for one think that the people who want to support the kidnappers should show up and tell us what they think!!!

Because criticizing an argument for being one-sided when no one wants to take the other side is just petulance. "I want to say they are wrong ... but they aren't ... what do I do now?"
* I occasionally post things on KevinsWatch because I am a fan of Stephen R. Donaldson; this should not be considered as condonation of the white nationalist propaganda which is posted far too frequently on this website.
Brother ur-Nan
God Bless Uncle Joe

12684 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry Co. Sheriff Dar Leaf asks whether or not the radical right-wing terrorists who plotted to murder MI Gov. Whitmer were simply trying to conduct a "citizen's arrest."

Barry Co. Sheriff Dar Leaf speaks onstage in Grand Rapids, MI alongside members of the militia that tried to murder Gov. Whitmer
Orlion
Clairvoyant

MaleRanyhyn

8280 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Dalek1 Member of Linden's Army1 SRD's Green Rock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's crazy how much support these radicalized white supremists get.

Not surprising, but crazy.

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

94286 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting--people finally managed to find one instance of right-wing domestic terrorism and now, suddenly, all Trump supporters love and support these guys. Whatever. They got caught and will face justice in a court of law, as they should and they do not have the support of anyone here, as you know they would not.

Meanwhile, left-wing violent actors are still burning cities. Still, let's focus on these guys--a small ring of dumbasses who thought that kidnapping would be a good idea? Let's see how good they think it is when they are sitting in Federal prison.

Incidentally, "free your State" meant "vote them out of office" not "commit crimes to enact change".

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
Brother ur-Nan
God Bless Uncle Joe

12684 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can sit and try to parse the meaning of Donald Trump's tweets, but regardless of what he meant by the message, this just highlights the importance of politicians choosing their words carefully.

There are a lot of dangerous people that are not only fans of Donald Trump, but they see him as some sort of messianic savior. Either deliberately or not, Trump's messaging often comes across as a subtle (or not so subtle) endorsement of far-right extremism. Take for example Trump telling the Proud Boys to "stand back and stand by" at the last debate. The leader of that group posted to Twitter "standing back and standing by, Mr. President."

When you tell people to "liberate" something, the first thing that comes to these people's minds is not "let's vote them out," it is "let's use any means necessary to destroy the 'tyrant.'"

What is disturbing is that the far-right has long made an effort to infiltrate law enforcement, ever since being called by David Duke to do so. There's very clear evidence of this, and you can see such evidence by the aforementioned sheriff being supportive of the militants. The FBI has also said that it is a major domestic terror threat.
Orlion
Clairvoyant

MaleRanyhyn

8280 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Dalek1 Member of Linden's Army1 SRD's Green Rock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why there is a focus on right wing extremist terrorism in the US, Hashi, is because it is by far the paramount problem:

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states

The "left wing extremist burning our cities" is very much hyperbole, if not just a bad faith ideological attack. This is demonstrated with all the hand wringing of property damage that simply does not exist when the same happens as a result of football games or college block parties.

So, in summary, There are far more incidents of right wing extremism than left wing extremism. This has been the case for most of the past few decades. There's a rise in both extremist incidents, but once again right wing outpaces them all. There is a white supremacy problem in the US that is far worse than a Leftist uprising, Antifa or Islamist extremism but is not getting properly addressed for who knows what reasons (I'm sure it varies from person to person, which is why I do not go into specifics here).

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

94286 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If white exremist violence were that significant of a problem then the majority of media sources, which are Liberal in nature, would be highlighting such stories on a daily basis, in addition to trying to tie conservatives in general to those groups. That is not happening, so your fundamental premise must be flawed.

White extremist terror clearly does exist in the United States and is responsible for some of the worst instances of domestic terror--Oklahoma City tops the list--but those groups are often more anti-government than they are anti-black.

Interstingly, most conservatives immediately denounced this group but most Democrats still do not denounce the weekly rioting taking place under the auspices of blm. As I have noted, once Biden is in the Oval Office Democrats will begin calling on the riots to end because they will need Joe to appear strong on "law and order".

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: