Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mammoth WVH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> Vespers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarathustra
Be True

33254 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Mammoth WVH Reply with quote

Eddie Van Halen's son, Wolfgang, has finally released his solo album. He wrote all the songs, played all the instruments, did all the vocals. I think he even recorded it himself. He's not the virtuoso that his father was, but that doesn't matter. He's a damn good musician in his own right. The music is pretty damn good, too. The song about his father, Distance, is particularly poignant.

Have you guys heard it? What do you think?
Meaning is created internally by each individual in each specific life: any attempt at *meaning* which relies on some kind of external superstructure (God, Satan, the Creator, the Worm, whatever) for its substance misses the point (I mean the point of my story). -SRD

Remain faithful to the earth, my brothers, with the power of your virtue. Let your gift-giving love and your knowledge serve the meaning of the earth ... Do not let them fly away from earthly things and beat with their wings against eternal walls. Alas, there has always been so much virtue that has flown away. Lead back to the earth the virtue that flew away, as I do-back to the body, back to life, that it may give the earth a meaning, a human meaning. -Nietzsche
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Ego non semper sapiens

Male

13830 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only heard a couple of tracks from it, and I wasn't terribly impressed. I need a long car ride so I can stream the entire album.

Skyweir wrote:
So if it were up to us (who couldnít give a fuck about ignorant unvaccinated folk dying in large number) 😉 perhaps thatís purely how evolution will sort out intellectually deficient out of the general population.
StevieG
Andelainian

Male

7431 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard any songs, but I'll stick it on Spotify on the way home. Looking at Spotify, Don't look back seems to be a popular one.

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
StevieG
Andelainian

Male

7431 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a listen. It has an old school rock feel to it - it could be quite at home in the 90s. I could get on board with it! This album feels quite straight-forward in terms of songs - guitar intro, bring the other instruments in, start the verse, chorus etc. I reckon it would be fun to play some of those riffs.

It's impressive that he recorded the whole thing himself. Respect for that. I'd be interested how his 2nd album develops musically, assuming that's on the cards. This seems like a reasonably safe album.

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Cord Hurn
Servant Of The Band

MaleRanyhyn

9101 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Plains of Ra1 Furls Fire1 Andelain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to see Mammoth WVH on August 29th in Tucson. Will try to post a review afterwards in this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> Vespers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: